We're looking for a world-class Lead Technical Designer who brings the ultimate wombo combo of passion for game design + strong technical abilities. We're a team of doers, so the ideal candidate will take their ideas all the way from thought bubbles to full implementation in game.
What you will do...
- Design, implement, and maintain game content in our proprietary scripting language
- Work extensively in Unreal Blueprints
- Manage and help develop the careers of the company’s other technical designers
- Collaborate with other designers to optimize content creation pipelines
- Create, pitch, and implement new content including levels, epic set pieces, and experiences
- Organize and run feedback sessions; coordinate with other disciplines to plan next steps
- Work closely with engineers to stand up and maintain new features
- 5+ years of experience in a content design role (preferably at least one shipped title in a senior role)
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas, and both provide and implement constructive feedback
- Exceptionally strong scripting abilities and deep understanding of state machines
- Knowledge of cooperative multiplayer gameplay
- Bonus XP: Unreal Engine 4 experience
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.