We’re looking for an experienced online engineer to help us bring the magical world of Xadia to life in our new multiplayer game based on the Emmy® award-winning Netflix series, The Dragon Prince.
What You Will Do:
- Implement and maintain backend services to support game features: e.g. chat, game servers, authentication, matchmaking, store, player progression, and more
- Develop and maintain tools and techniques for deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of services
- DevOps and LiveOps - implement and maintain solutions to support delivery, scaling, and reliability of network services and online game features
- Develop and maintain correct, organized, efficient, and well-tested code
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- 4+ years experience
- Proficiency implementing systems in higher level typed languages, e.g. Scala, F#, Racket, Clojure, Erlang etc.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, & maintaining network backend services and APIs
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication of technical concepts
- Experience architecting online systems
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.