We’re looking for a skilled texture artist that can help us bring the world of Xadia to life through their materials authoring in the stylized look of The Dragon Prince.
What you will do...
- Work closely with the Art Director and art leads to create high fidelity and performant texture maps for production assets
- Create and maintain texture graphs and materials via Substance Designer
- Help build and maintain the studio's Substance library
- Develop Smart materials in packages such as Substance Painter to aid artists
- Coordinate with Production to ensure an efficient pipeline and on-time delivery of texture/ material assets
- Occasionally create 3D models and UVs, as required
- Support and educate environment artists in the best use of materials, libraries, and art tools
- 3+ years of experience as a professional texture artist in AAA games
- Portfolio of high-quality game ready textures
- Examples of painterly textures used on props and environments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to proactively prioritize tasks
- Experience implementing 3D work into Unreal Engine 4
- Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching abilities
- Proficiency in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and UE4
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.