We’re looking for an experienced engineer to help us bring the magical world of Xadia to life in our new multiplayer game based on the Emmy® award-winning Netflix series, The Dragon Prince.
What You Will Do:
- Work with designers to develop and maintain gameplay features such as character behavior, effects, VFX, sound, camera behavior, and animation
- Develop and maintain underlying game implementation systems: custom scripting, UI flow, I/O, Editor plugins
- Implement UX: 2D interface, sound, FX
- Develop and maintain correct, organized, efficient, and well-tested code
- Mentor and inspire other team members
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- 3+ years game programming experience
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title
- Proficiency in C++ and one or more other languages, e.g. C#, Racket, Python
- Proficiency in most of the following areas: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication of technical concepts
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.