We're looking for an empathetic and detail-oriented UX Engineer to help us bring the magical world of Xadia to life in our new multiplayer game based on the Emmy® Award-winning Netflix series, The Dragon Prince!
As a member of the UX team, you will work in close collaboration with our Design and Engineering teams to develop beautiful, consistent, and thoughtful systems that prioritize our players and deliver an amazing in-game experience.
- Be the conduit between engineering and the UI/UX team, connecting our in-game front end to the platform
- Write code and implement directly in UE4 and UMG to bring the game UI to life
- Iterate on new and existing features, working closely with UI/UX designers and the game design team
- Rapidly prototype features for quick interactive testing and user feedback
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers on feature implementations using wireframes and/or visual design comps
- Bring UI designs to life through widget blueprints, including authoring animation and UI material effects
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques and ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- Passionate about creating intuitive UI using your deep understanding of UI flow and design
- Adept at working with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Effective at managing your time in an autonomous environment
- An excellent communicator that excels in connecting engineering with intuitive design
- Thorough knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and UMG
- 3+ years experience in UI engineering for a console, PC, or mobile game
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++
- Deep understanding of UE4 Blueprints
- Knowledge of best-practices for building and localizing UI for multiple languages
- Shipped and supported a game title or similar project
The annual base pay range for this position in Los Angeles, California is $115,000 USD - $185,000 USD. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and overall experience. In addition to base pay, all full-time positions will receive equity, flexible PTO, unlimited sick leave, parental leave, a full range of medical, dental, and vision insurance, and relocation support as part of the overall compensation package.
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.